NEWS RELEASE from San Diego Unified Board of Education, January 8, 2013
SAN DIEGO – Vice-President Kevin Beiser of the San Diego Unified School Board said, "Today we recognize students at Patrick Henry, Serra and Scripps Ranch High Schools for their outstanding academic and athletic achievements".
Beiser pointed out, "In a nation obsessed with measuring student success exclusively with standardized tests, it is reassuring to know that we have amazing opportunities for students to learn the value of team work, collaboration, and perseverance in athletics and JROTC."
The Scripps Ranch High School Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) is recognized for their first place win in the Academic Bowl. Serra High School students on the Girls Field Hockey Team and Boys Water Polo Team were both CIF Division 2 Champions. Patrick Henry High School Tennis player, Victoria Robertson, was the CIF Division 1 Girls Individual Tennis Champion. Scripps Ranch High School Girls Field Hockey were the CIF Division 1 Champions
Beiser also acknowledged, "The parents, staff and administration are all to be commended for their hard work and support across the school district to ensure a vibrant athletic and JROTC programs for all our students. The Board of Education recognizes and congratulates these students for their accomplishments."
At the board's January 8, 2013 meeting, Beiser brought forward proclamations recognizing these high schools and students.
• Patrick Henry High Schools Girls Individual Tennis, Fall 2012-13 Division 1 Championship winner, Victoria Robertson
• Serra High School Girls Field Hockey Team, Fall 2012-13 CIF Division 2 Championship
• Serra High School Boys Water Polo Team, Fall 2012-13 CIF Division 2 Championship
• Scripps Ranch High School Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) Academic Bowl Victory
• Scripps Ranch High School Girls Field Hockey Team, Fall 2012-13 CIF Division 1 Championship
# # #
Vice-President, San Diego Unified School Board
You are a subscriber to the news release mailing list for the San Diego Unified School District. To unsubscribe, send a message to "media@lists-sandi-net" with the word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. For an archive of these releases, go to http://sdusd-news.blogspot.com/