Thursday, May 2, 2013

MEDIA ADVISORY--Scripps Ranch High School

MEDIA ADVISORY SENT ON BEHALF OF SAN DIEGO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, BOARD TRUSTEE SCOTT BARNETT,  May 2, 2013

 

The school board has not received a briefing yet and all I know is from media reports.  As a father of two teen-aged daughters (in a different high school in San Diego Unified) I take issues of proper conduct and discipline very seriously; at the same time I need to be satisfied that the consequences of these actions are reasonable and proportionate.  I have asked that the board discuss this at our next, regular closed session meeting scheduled on Tuesday, May 14, 2013.  

 

However, as a board trustee, I cannot and will not ever publicly discuss specific matters relating to individual students. Their rights and privacy must be protected.

 

 

# # #

 

CONTACT:

SCOTT BARNETT

San Diego Unified School Board Trustee

619-616-0327 cell

sbarnett@sandi.net